- Emergencies & Urgent Requests
- Support Levels and Guidelines
- Network Acceptable Use Policy
- Data Backup and Retention Policies
- Network Security Policy
- LSCG Scope of Services and Recharges
- Desktop Operating System Support Guidelines
Our network is regularly scanned for P2P activity. The Campus Office of Information Technology also looks for this type of internet traffic. If P2P software is found to be running on our network, we will filter the computer to restrict its network connectivity and send our staff out to check the computer. The owner will be asked to remove the offending software. The first time this happens, there is no charge as it is considered a warning. Should this happen again, there will be a charge for the labor involved in checking the computer and making sure the software has been uninstalled and the PI will be notified.